Monday, May 4, 2009

Little update...

Sorry for not blogging in a while, just hasnt been much going on to blog about since we arent exactly ttc right now.

Just to catch you up...my family dr ran some bw on me last week (LOOOVE my family dr, she is the only dr ive seen that is more than willing to help and do anything for me, she's the best!) to check for vitamin deficiencys since Matthew and I are vegans.....


I just got a call from my drs office and she had the blood test results from the bw I had done last Thurs to check for vitamin deficiencys. She checked my Vit. B, Vitamin D, Calcium and folate and found that my Folate, calcium and vitamin B are all normal, BUT I have a vitamin D deficiency. Now I dont know if this is enough to cause my m/c's, but besides knowing about Matthews chromosome issue, this is the first thing we have found to be wrong. So she wants me to go on a vitamin D supplement, its prescription, you take 1 per week for 6 weeks, and then they will test it again to see if its increased. Basically my level was 21 and they want it between 32-100, so it was pretty low. Im so torn right now though because Matthew and I are NOT pill people, were all about doing things naturally if possible, the only time we ever take pills is if we NEED them for a sickness or something, and even then we hate to take them. Matthew thinks if I adjust a few things in my diet (adding moe Vitamin D) and getting out in the sun more, ill be able to bring the vitamin d level up without the pills, but part of me really wants to take them. Id hate to not take them, go 6 weeks and have my level still low when they retest it, then take them for 6 weeks...putting me 3 months down the road from now. I feel like I want to take them, but I know that doing it naturally would be healthier...I just dont know what to do. Anyway, thats the update.



Im just drinking my 24 oz of water right now to fill my bladder till its ready to explode (and I have to pee really bad :-)) and getting ready for an u/s test that she is also running to see if I need an endometrial biopsy... FINALLY someone is testing me for things ive wanted to be tested for for many months. My ob/gyn and RE both said they were unneccesary! After 7 m/c's I dont think any test is unneccesary, shame on them!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That's great news about your family doc!! :) Sorry about the Vit. D deficiency. Hope it works itself out soon!