Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Its always something

My dr office just called and read me the report from the u/s I had done a week ago and it revealed that I have a complex ovarian cyst. The nurse couldnt tell me anything about it, so off I went to research it. Im worried out of my mind as it says a complex ovarian cyst shouldnt be taken lightly, and basically all she told me to do is have a repeat u/s in 2-3 months! Does/did anyone have a complex ovarian cyst? Can you tell me anything about it?



After doing some reading I called the dr office back and I want some questions answered by my dr. Im still not convinced that I dont have endo. so I want a CA 125 antigen blood test done, as an elevated level of this can indicate endo, or a cancerous cyst..which im panicked about. Im also so afraid of it rupturing and putting me in excrutiating pain. It also said that if left untreated it can be fatal..UGH HELLO, does it sound like I want to just sit around for 2-3 months waiting to have another u/s done? NO!



UGHHH I just want to scream!

4 comments:

Christine said...

I had a very bad ovarian cyst when I was 17- it did end up rupturing and put me in the hospital. The pain was severe!!!!!! I was put on BCP to get rid of them. I would definitely talk to you doctor about all of your questions- I don't think cysts are anything to be taken lightly!!!

Lindsey said...

Aww I'm sorry Erika! HUGS. I'm not sure if my cyst was a complex one or not, may have been, my RE didn't say just that it was a cyst on my ovary. Knew about it for 3 cycles and without being put on the fertility meds cause of it's size, 4th cycle was put on BCP, and 5th cycle it was smaller so RE put me on the Femara. Just wanted to say there's hope if that's what it is. So don't give up. Curious to hear what your doc says. Ask about BCP? It may shrink/disappear it! Hope this gets resolved ASAP and brings you one step closer to your BFP! T&Ps!

Our Little June Bug said...

I ended up with one Erika, after they gave me two rounds of clomid and no trigger shot. My RE said that was why I developed one to begin with, my regular OB at the time I guess didn't know better. Anywhoo, I had to skip a month of the clomid and the following month I had another U/S. It went away all on it's own.
Course I thought I had a really BAD uti and put off going to the Dr and by the time they had found it I had already had fluid in my pelvis... which I think means that it had already ruptured.
I don't think it's a bad thing to ask your Dr for more info.

Annette said...

Any new updates? I hope everything is on the upswing for you.