My Mom planned on coming Friday morning and getting here around 9am, she had my Niece overnight on Thursday so she could leave right from home to come here. Well she was so excited about coming, she woke up at 1am and decided 'Ill just leave now!' HAHA...so she got the car packed up, put my sleeping Niece in her carseat and into the car and got on the road. Took the 4 hour trip here...called me at 6:30am right after Matthew left for work and said "are you sleeping" I said "im still in bed but just laying here awake" and she said "well good because im 11 miles from your house!" WOOHOO!!! I jumped out of bed, got dressed real quick and she was pulling in the driveway as I was walking down the stairs. We spent the day hanging out and went out and did a little shopping also.
Saturday, my Birthday, we hung out during the day and then in the evening we went out for dinner at the Olive Garden and on the way home we picked up my Ice Cream Cake, YUM! I also opened some gifts...I got mostly money, from family and stuff, which is always great, most of that will go in the bank, I used my Moms birthday money and bought a new dress (its brown and teal) and brown shoes to go with it for Church. Dh got me the "baby bag" I wanted from Vera Bradley...its accually a diaper bag, but I LOVE it and so I will use it now when we travel and stuff, as a small duffel or carry on type of thing...and then when we do have a baby I will use it for my diaper bag. I love it. I got it in the "java blue" color because its my favorite. He also got me beautiful pink tulips.
Sunday we hung out in the morning and I spent as much time with my little Niece as I could. Unfortunatly we were informed that we are expecting our biggest snowstorm of the year tonight, were supposed to get 6 inches here...so my Moms trip was cut short. They were supposed to go home on Monday (tomorrow) but as sad as it made us, we decided it would be best for them to head home today before the storm came. I miss them already and wish they could still be here but im just so happy that they were able to be here for my Birthday and we got to spend the amount of time together that we did.
Overall my Birthday was great...now im just hoping for a snow day off from work tomorrow HEHE!!
Some pics-
Birthday Cake:

Tulips from dh:






















1 comment:
The flowers are beautiful Erika, you have a fantastic husband with good taste.
Hope your mom and niece made it home safe.
I'm glad it was a wonderful birthday for a wonderful person!
Post a Comment